This is a new job position within the Accessory Procurement team, consisting of 2 Procurement Managers and 1 Development Manager. The team is primarily responsible for the availability (via either sourcing or development) of all assembly parts which are necessary to develop and produce automotive glazing in one of the production plants. Secondly, they are responsible for several product groups (e.g. tools, adhesives/sealants, fitting accessories) that are related to the distribution side of the business SGAI
As Product Manager Distribution Parts you will be responsible for both existing and new to introduce product groups related to the distribution business of our automotive aftermarket organization. These product groups are headlights, wiper blades, glass repair tools, glass replacement tools, glass fitting tools, adhesives & sealants, sensor repair range, and fitting accessories. The main goal for the Product Manager Distribution Parts is to create a complete and vast active central range of products that cover all activities of the distribution network of SGAI. This requires a dedicated active follow-up and support towards the network.
Next to that your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Act as an entry point within the Accessory Procurement team for both internal customers (distribution network) and external (the suppliers) for the related product groups
- Investigate, commercially negotiate, support and promote the related products groups for our distribution network
- Maintain the data management of the related product groups
- inform all relevant parties concerned of any changes within the range of the related product groups (e.g. stock management, pricing strategy, quality-related)
- Visit exhibitions to benchmark and follow-up on new trends for the related product groups
- Visit suppliers to negotiate and follow-up on the related product groups
- Visit our internal customers of our distribution network to investigate demands and also promote the related product groups
- Take initiative by communicating this information via the communication department to the distribution network
- Support the Procurement Managers with the 2-year accessory tender contract for distribution parts.
To be successful within this challenging position we are in search of candidates with a bachelor's degree in Commerce or Marketing. You know how to easily connect with your internal and external client base in an authentic manner.
You have a;
- Minimum of 2 years’ purchasing experience and/or product management, with good time management skills and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Customer focussed and a commercial mindset
- Willingness to travel through Europe
- Goal oriented and structured
Saint-Gobain was founded in 1665 for the production of mirror glass. The company has grown constantly in size in the past centuries. She now belongs to one of the top 100 leading industrial corporations in the world and is market leader in all its business. Saint-Gobain employs more than 170.00 employees and is represented in 67 countries. On a yearly basis Saint-Gobain provides the glass for 50% of the European cars.
Saint-Gobain Autover International B.V. in Roosendaal distributes automotive glass and a full package of related products in the replacement market worldwide and consists of a Sales department and 2 central departments: an International Product Management, Accessory Procurement & Marketing department and a Competence Center. In total 37 people are employed in Roosendaal.